Superb digital programme levelling for podcasting and streaming; plus contribution studios, news and sports applications. Also perfect for mic processing; includes high-pass and de-essing functions [requires insert point in mixer].Two channels (Presenter and Guest) can even be processed simultaneously by one PodBlaster.
• Produces that smooth professional sound - without breaking the bank!
• Ends listener annoyance and 'tune-out' due to sloppy levels
• Allows every presenter the freedom to concentrate on the content
• Improves audibility and clarity of programme
• Eliminates overload distortion and damage forever
• Audio level 'auto-pilot' for Podcasting and Streaming
• Outside Broadcasts, news booths, contribution studios and remotes
• STL, digital codec, PA and Monitor overload protection
• Mic processing for talks and contrib studios
• Powerful yet unobtrusive level control
• Simple, easy-to-use GUI programme for setup via PC and USB - plus 9 factory presets to get you going
• Great audio quality. The same superb DSP module used in our professional ALPS range
• Stereo (linked) or Dual-Mono operation: can process two channels independently
• Cost-effective yet with genuine balanced analogue ports - and S/PDIF digital output AND S/PDIF digital input
• Desktop case; half-width 1-U rack size, two can be mounted side-by-side with optional rack-mount kit
• Bright, Always-Visible LED bargraphs for audio confidence checks
• Low audio latency (2.2 - 4 milliseconds), fast boot-up (<1 second), low power (6W)
DIGITAL-DIGITAL: 20Hz-20kHz +/-0.1dB
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE: 30Hz-20kHz +/-0.5dB
DIGITAL-DIGITAL (rms 20Hz-20kHz): <-117dBFS
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE: (rms 20Hz-20kHz): <-83dB ref: Limit point +8dBu
DIGITAL-DIGITAL (6dB limiting): <-94dB / 0.002% THD
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE (6dB limiting): <-74dB / 0.02% THD
Stereo Separation (L/R crosstalk):
DIGITAL-DIGITAL (at 3kHz): <-117dB
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE (at 3kHz): <-80dB
ANALOGUE: Balanced, 10k (bridging), ¼” Jack [TRS]. Standard operating level -6dBu to +14dBu (clip >+21dBu)
DIGITAL: S-PDIF (RCA/Phono); 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz sample rate. 16, 20, or 24 bits.
ANALOGUE: Balanced, ¼” jack [TRS]. Standard operating level -6dBu to +14dBu
DIGITAL: S-PDIF (RCA/Phono); full input rate / half input rate and 88.2 / 96kHz base-rate selectable. 24 bits.
Input HPF (adjustable) and LPF
Gated AGC: Capture range +/-20dB; maximum positive gain can be set.
Advanced AGC enables faster, programme-dependent operation. Defeatable.
Compressor: Nominal 1.5:1 slope and 4dB maximum boost of low levels. Defeatable.
Wide-band Limiter: Zero overshoot 1.3ms look-ahead zero clipping. Defeatable.
HF Limiter: Protects 50us or 75us emphasis curve for FM broadcast and de-essing applications. Defeatable.
Setup is via PC only (GUI software supplied) and USB port.
Select a factory preset, modify it for less or more processing, set levels etc, save to Flash memory. Simplified operation of GUI does not require expert knowledge.
Every processing parameter, including all thresholds and time constants, can also be accessed and modified under PC control if desired for 'expert' setup.
5V DC / 6 Watts. External 110V or 230V AC PSU supplied.
Dimensions & weight:
44 x 217 x 228mm deep / 1.75” x 6.5” x 9” deep. Weight: 1kg / 2.2lbs
For entry-level professional product (rack-mount, XLR AES-3 digital ports, analogue balanced via XLRs, fail-safe mode with relay bypass) see our ALPS-1 product. For full local and remote control options see our ALPS-2 and ALPS-3 products.
1 year return-to-base warranty
CE (EMC and LVD), RoHS